2017 Programme...... What's happening throughout the day?
10:00am: Hot fresh food and our biggest line-up of market stalls yet!
Local goodies galore at 18 all-day market stalls including Rawmazing, Habebe’s, Whitestone Cheese, Te Amo Wines, Silk Road Trading Company, Trudi & Mae Baking, Otago Buzz Caravan, Heritage Preserves, Kingston's John Allan with fruit trees and landscaping plants, Possum Fur Creations by Yvonne, Fresh n Yummy organic produce from the North Island and more!
Plunder Mrs Woolly’s 10% OFF EVERYTHING* SALE for clothing, home décor and accessories!
Nothing beats the breathtaking scenery of the head of the lake viewed from above. Specially-priced 10-minute scenic flights for just $99pp with Heli Glenorchy between 10am and 3pm.
FREE workshops throughout the day
Let your creativity run wild !
- 10.00am Creative Foraging for Food: Fantastic New Zealand wild food and how to find it with professional forager and marine ecologist, Peter Langlands.
- 11.00am Plein Air (Outdoors) Landscape Painting: Take your painting outside with Glenorchy’s “Painter in Paradise,” John Crump. Learn how to see and paint our region's gorgeous landscapes in al fresco style in this one-hour workshop.
- 12.00pm Creative Accessorising: The secret to an amazing outfit is the accessories. The Headwaters' owner Debbi Brainerd and Katherine James Schuitemaker invite you to bring a favourite outfit and learn how to make that thing you can't figure out how to wear into a stunning look.
- 1.00pm Mindful Wellness – The Gut: Ainsley Thompson shares her wisdom on nourishing your “second brain” with fermented foods. Ainsley was the founding chef at Sherwood and is a trailblazer in the field of mindful wellness and real food.
- 2.00pm Poetry Writing Workshop: Former NZ Poet Laureate Cilla McQueen serves up inspiration and instruction for aspiring poets. Bring your own work and take advantage of this very special opportunity to learn the art of poetry writing.
- 3.00pm SPECIAL TREAT! Interactive Jazz Workshop: Unleash the music of your inner artiste with jazz legends Nanny Asssis and Kevin Field. Music, fun and funky rhythms for the whole family!
FREE kids & family activities throughout the day
Busy hands, happy hearts
10am-3pm Kids’ Craft Zone: Join master builder Mike Kingan and make your own birdfeeder from scrap lumber
10am-3pm Heli Glenorchy Flights: See the stunning mountaintops from the air with a super-special Getaway Day price of just $99pp for a 10-minute flight
1.00pm Tent Race: Can your family work together to pitch a tent faster than anyone else? Prizes for the winners!
2.00pm Family Music Workshop: Music, mayhem and lots of fun at this interactive jazz workshop with Brazilian jazz guitarist Nanny Assis and special guest keyboardist Kevin Field.
11am, 1pm and 3pm: FREE sneak-peek tours of Camp Glenorchy!
Last open public tour opportunity before it opens on 1st March!
Come and see how New Zealand’s first Net Zero Energy accommodations combine state-of-the-art sustainable design with warmth, comfort and inspiration.
Come see the amazing progress on:
- A sneak peek of the cosy, energy-efficient cabins
- How Camp Glenorchy will be able to run on Net Zero energy and use 50% less water than similar accommodations
- The massive artist-built Scheelite Campfire Shelter by the celebrated local artist Dan Kelly
- The beautiful stone mosaic stepping stones and walkways by landscape artist Jeffrey Bale
- Constructed wetlands that will process all wastewater onsite
- Initial installations of native landscaping to help re-establish native bird populations
- The exciting new meeting and function space in the Homestead Building
Bookings open soon: come see for yourself “the place to be” starting in March!
4:00pm: Zeffer Cider Tasting
Zeffer Cider Co brews delicious craft ciders made from freshly-crushed fruit in sunny Hawke’s Bay. It’s no surprise they took out the top honour at 2017’s International Cider Awards!
Cider tasting $10pp
5:00pm: Cardrona Distillery Spirits Tasting
Cardrona Distillery create their very own works of art made from fresh alpine water, the best malted barley and crisp Cardrona mountain air. Tastings will include The Reid Single Malt Vodka, The Source Gin and Rose Rabbit Orange Liqueur, and a very special cocktail created with Mrs Woolly’s vanilla gelato!.
Spirits tasting $15pp
5:15-8.00pm: An Evening of Jazz & Artistry in the Mountains
Live Jazz: Nanny Assis and friends
Former Poet Laureate Cilla McQueen
Celebrity, Sports and Travel Photographer Maggie Gould
PLUS: Dinner with your choice of lamb or chicken plus six matched sides
- 5.30pm Habebe’s Spring Dinner: World-famous in Queenstown, Habebe’s cuisine always shines bright with fresh and healthy flavours. A delicious dinner including a lamb or chicken main served with your choice of six fresh salads.
- 6pm Former NZ Poet Laureate Cilla McQueen: Poet, artist and Bluff resident Cilla McQueen is regarded as one of New Zealand’s most distinguished poets. Cilla shares the personal stories that have become the inspiration for her exuberant and inventive style.
- 6.15pm International Photographer Maggie Gould: From Hollywood stars to the rugby field to Tiananmen Square, Maggie's career as a photojournalist has been nothing less than extraordinary. A rare chance to hear Maggie share her favorite moments on the front line.
- 6.30-8pm Jazz with Nanny Assis, Maggie Gould and Kevin Field
- Fresh from the Queenstown Jazz Festival, award-winning and multi-talented artist Nanny Assis unleashes his Brazilian-flavoured jazz sound with special guests Maggie Gould and Kevin Field.
Dinner, speakers + 90 minutes of live jazz: just $38pp
Don’t miss out! Tickets are limited for this last of-the-season's evening of words, pictures and music.
Tickets available only at Mrs Woolly’s General Store
Call 03 409 0051 or email us at info@MrsWoollysGeneralStore.co.nz to secure your spot and join us to celebrate "Living Creatively"!
* Mrs Woolly's General Store "10% Off Everything" sales excludes food and grocery items