What's happening throughout the day?
10:00am: Hot fresh brunch goodies and the pick of the market stalls!
- First come, first served! Mrs Woolly’s famous BBQ Brunch Buns are joined by the debut of Mrs Woolly’s hot hand-made PIES! Choose from Pork Belly (!), South Island Lamb, traditional Mince & Cheese or creamy Hearty Vegetable
- Meet local makers and growers at the all-day market stalls, including Fresh & Yummy organic produce from the North Island, Rawmazing all-natural gluten-free snacks and desserts, Whitestone Cheese, Heritage Preserves, Wild Earth Kitchen, The Woven knitting and yarn store from Wanaka, Mia Tennant hand-carved stone jewelry, Bare Naked Soaps, Eco Soy Candles, Wild Dispensary and more.
FREE workshops throughout the day
Local experts share the region’s best tips & tricks
- 10.00am How to Make Kombucha: An ancient elixir to save your soul in the modern age! Learn the secrets of preparing this healing fermented drink with 4th-generation Glenorchy local, Chef Zoe Veint
- 11.00am Weaving Your Own “Sense of Place” – Chunky Knitting! Nothing says winter like big cosy knits. The Woven founder Michelle Stewart teaches the fashionable art of chunky... knitting that anybody can do!
- 1.00pm The Flavours of Malaysia in New Zealand: Born in Malaysia, inspired by Glenorchy, local chef Rina Ng shares her favourite Malaysian recipes with a focus on comfort food created from locally-sourced ingredients and a few easy-to-find secret ones too
- 2.00pm Creating Cupcake Magic: Home is where the cupcakes are! Cupcake Maestro and Cup & Cake Founder Jamie Stodler shares her secrets for the perfectly-decorated cupcake...for kids of all ages
- 3.30pm A Sense of Place: An exploration of the bonds we form with the places we love. An uplifting discussion led by former Paradise Charitable Trust GM, Geoff Ockwell
FREE kids’ activities throughout the day:
Dirty hands, happy hearts
10am-1pm: Kids’ Craft Table: We use what nature provides to get crafty with rock painting and paper crafts.
1.00pm: Glenorchy Games: Egg and spoon races, sack races and lots of good fun and laughs.
2.00pm: Cupcake Decorating: Let the icing and sprinkles run free with Cup & Cake’s Jamie Stodler and a little bit of cupcake magic.
3.00pm: Bonfire and Marshmallows: Grab the perfect toasting stick and join everyone for marshmallows ‘round the crackling.
12pm and 3pm: free sneak-peek tours of Camp Glenorchy!
You’re invited for a sneak peek tour of Camp Glenorchy. So much progress so fast, in so little time. It’s coming further to life every day!
Come and see how New Zealand’s first Net Zero Energy accommodations combine state-of-the-art sustainable design with warmth, comfort and inspiration. Bookings open soon: come see for yourself “the place to be” for summer 2018!
4:00pm: Bonfire, live music and toasted marshmallows
Sidle up and grab a place ‘round the crackling bonfire with family and friends old and new, and tap your toes to the heartwarming live music of guitarist and vocalist Lisa Cruikshank
4:00pm: Craft beer tasting
Taste the hearty flavours of Invercargill Brewery’s ales and stouts. Home-grown ingredients and traditional brewing methods. Beer tasting $10pp.
5:00-8.00pm: Taste, Terroir and Tradition
A Sense of Place evening experience
Special Event: Central Otago Pinot Noir Tasting with Christopher Keys
Lively discussion, the best of Central Otago’s wines, and a beautiful wine-barrel roasted dinner as we hear from passionate people and local legends.
- 5.00pm: Wine Tasting with Christopher Keys: A rare opportunity to taste and celebrate the anniversary of 30 years of Central Otago’s iconic wines with the chief winemaker at Gibbston Valley Winery. Tasting $20pp, limited tickets available—book now!
- 5.30pm: A Dinner of Distinction with Wild Earth: Tantalise the taste buds with BBQ pork ribs and Akaroa king salmon prepared in French Oak Pinot Noir wine barrel cookers. Dinner and evening programme $45pp, limited tickets available—book now!
- 5.30-8pm: A Conversation of People and “Place”
- Gibbston Valley Wines Winemaker, Christopher Keys: The terroir of Central Otago
- Craig ‘Ferg’ Ferguson: professional volunteer, radio host and QLDC Councillor
- Former GM of Paradise Charitable Trust Geoff Ockwell discusses his study of a Sense of Place at the beloved Paradise Trust
Don’t miss out! Tickets are limited for this very special evening.
Tickets available only at Mrs Woolly’s General Store
Call 03 409 0051 or email us at info@MrsWoollysGeneralStore.co.nz to secure your spot at our “Sense of Place” celebration.